Saturday, July 27, 2019

Re Movie Music of Memory

And I still do need more coffee....


From September 20, 2017:

Movie Music of Memory

Last month I posted several of my favourite movie endings; the last few feet of the final reel that stick with you; moving, sometimes disturbing, at times funny.

Looking through coffee-time notes I scratched on a film theme, I came across a partial listing of movies that, in my opinion, have the best scores. To simplify the list I stuck with "American" films.

In no particular order:

1. Bananas [Hamlisch]
2. Papillon [Goldsmith]
3. Star Wars [Williams]
4. Patton [Goldsmith]
5. King Kong (1933) [Steiner]
6. Ben Hur (1959) [Rózsa]
7. Planet of the Apes (1968) [Goldsmith]
8. Star Trek: The Motion Picture [Goldsmith]
9. Doctor Death: Seeker of Souls [LaSalle]
10. The Omen (1976) [Goldsmith]
11. On The Waterfront [L. Bernstein]
12. Bride of Frankenstein [Waxman]
13. Forbidden Planet [L. & B. Barron]
14. The Adventures of Robin Hood [Korngold]
15. Wild Rovers [Goldsmith]
16. The Searchers [Steiner]
17. Shaft (1971) [Hayes]
18. Gone With the Wind [Steiner]
19. Chinatown [Goldsmith]
20. Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) [Kaper]


I need more coffee....


No comments: