Friday, July 28, 2017

A Moment of CKVR (and SCTV)

Summer 1984; with friends I attended a special live-to-tape recording of a one-off television program.

During a break in the process I paid a visit to the mens' room. Before leaving I looked in the mirror and licked down a section of bang. Perfect.

I reached for the door but before my hand connected with the handle the door flew open, so fast that the bottom corner connected with my right big toe.

Hey, it's Kevin Frankish. Who looked up at me, the only possible angle from his vantage point, and said: "Saw-ree."

In my best Johnny LaRue I answered: "Little creep!" (Just kidding, of course.)


2 comments:

DonaldAR said...

And two decades later, it came back to haunt the poor kid...

http://www.citynews.ca/2006/07/12/kevin-frankish-dealing-with-panic-attacks/

Ya big bully! ;-)

Simon St. Laurent said...

Yeah, I remember that panic attack story.