Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Everybody's a Writer - But Some Actually Are

As I fancy myself a bit of a scribe, of a sort, I admire those who pick up their pens and write, certainly when they claim to be writers; and claim they do when there's a cute guy or girl they're trying to impress on that first meeting.

HIM / HER
I'm a writer.

HER / HIM
Suure you are....


(In my experience, or observations, it's generally a case of HIM to HER. And HER usually doesn't believe HIM. For good reason.)

At any rate.

A friend of mine -- someone I get together with every couple of months or so to talk movies and books -- studied English Literature at the University of Toronto. Not only is he a graduate, but he keeps his pencils sharp for the next time, which seems to be a lot of the time.

Here is James Guthrie's writing website. As the waitress or waiter says to me when they finish delivering that SuperSize plate of poutine: Enjoy!

No comments: